From a recent post to the METRO-L listserv:
TITLE OF POSITION: Digital Services LibrarianDEPARTMENT: University Libraries
- Collaborates with library personnel to develop and maintain the Library’s electronic services.
- Maintains the Library’s website (involves website design, scripting, graphics production and webpage technical support and troubleshooting).
- Works with stakeholders to determine the content and layout of the library website (page design, overall navigation, and usability).
- Designs and implements web forms to support library services.
- Develops Access and SQL databases as needed.
- Configures, maintains and provides reporting from WebTrends and Google Analytics data tools.
- Provides website design and maintenance for the ILLIAD Interlibrary Loan system, the ContentDM digital collections system, Sirsi Symphony and Enterprise.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the ContentDM digital collections system and the Digital Commons Research Repository platform
- Collaborates with university faculty, administrators and library staff in the ongoing development of digital collections and the research repository.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Demonstrated evidence of successful management of web projects.
- Strong knowledge of web design and development, scripting languages and of MARC and metadata record structures.
- Minimum of three years experience with HTML, CSS, XML, Access, SQL, and Photoshop.
- Minimum of three years experience with web development in an academic environment
- Familiarity with Integrated Library Systems and web based library applications
- Working knowledge of WebTrends and Google analytic data tools.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills; ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to be flexible with changing responsibilities and duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current advances in information systems and technologies and their applications in libraries, education and research.
- ALA accredited Masters degree in Library science (preferred).
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
STARTING DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER & RESUME:
Michael Considine, Head of Electronic Services
441 E. Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458